Mother Words

"Sahaja yoga is different from other yogas because it begins with Self-Realization."

To get update of this blog on your mobile Send "ON SAHAJAINFO" To "9870807070" from your mobile.

Share this on Facebook

Devi Kavach

Oct 10, 2013

6th Day of Navaratri (SHRI LAKSHMI SHUKTAM)







We worship all the Shakti powers. We take the name Shri Katyayani (The foster-daughter of Sage Katyayana). Sage Katyayana underwent long austerities and penance in order to receive the grace of the Mother Goddess. He wished to have a daughter in the form of a goddess. According to his wish   desire the Mother Goddess granted his request and took an incarnation as Shri Durga. On this night we pray for Shraddha (faith) and Bhakti (devotion) and that all our Shakti powers get awakened.




hiraṇyavarṇāṁ hariṇīṁ suvarṇarajatasrajām,
candrāṁ hiraṇmayīṁ lakṣmīṁ jātavedo ma āvaha.
tāṁ ma āvaha jātavedo lakṣmīmanapagāminīm,
yasyāṁ hiraṇyaṁ vindeyaṁ gāmaśvaṁ puruṣānaham.
Invoke for me, O Agni, the Goddess Lakshmi, who shines like gold, yellow in hue, wearing gold and silver garlands, blooming like the moon, the embodiment of wealth. O Agni! Invoke for me that unfailing Lakshmi, being blessed by whom I shall win wealth, cattle, horses and men.
aśvapūrvāṁ rathamadhyāṁ hastinādapramodinīm,
śriyaṁ devīmupahvaye śrīrmā devīrjuṣatām,
kāṁ sosmitāṁ hiraṇyaprākārāmārdrāṁ jvalantīṁ tṛaptāṁ tarpayantīm,
padme sthitāṁ padmavarṇāṁ tāmihopahvaye śriyam,
I invoke Shri (Lakshmi), who has a line of horses in front of her, a series of chariots in the middle, who is being awakened by the trumpeting of elephants, who is divinely resplendent. May that divine Lakshmi grace me. I hereby invoke that Shri (Lakshmi) who is an embodiment of Absolute Bliss; who is of pleasant smile on her face; whose lustre is like that of burnished gold; who is wet, as it were, (just from the milky ocean), who is blazing with splendour, and is the embodiment of the fulfilment of all wishes; who satisfies the desires of her votaries; who is seated on the lotus and is beautiful like the lotus.
candrāṁ prabhāsāṁ yaśasā jvalaṁtīṁ śriyaṁ loke devajuṣṭāmudārām,
tāṁ padminīmīṁ śaraṇamahaṁ prapadye alakṣmīrme naśyatāṁ tvāṁ vṛṇe.
ādityavarṇe tapaso'dhijāto vanaspatistava vṛkṣo'tha bilvaḥ,
tasya phalāni tapasā nudantu māyāntarāyāśca bāhyā alakṣmīḥ.
For shelter in this world, I resort to that Lakshmi who is beautiful like the moon, who shines bright, who is blazing with renown, who is adored (even) by the gods, who is highly magnanimous, and grand like the lotus. May my misfortunes perish. I surrender myself to Thee. O Thou, resplendent like the Sun! By Thy power and glory have the plants, (like) the bael tree, grown up. May the fruits thereof destroy through Thy Grace all inauspiciousness rising from the inner organs and ignorance as well as from the outer senses.
upaitu māṁ devasakhaḥ kīrtiśca maṇinā saha
prādurbhūto'smi rāṣṭre'smin kīrtimṛddhiṁ dadātu me.
kṣutpipāsāmalāṁ jyeṣṭhāmalakṣmīṁ nāśayāmyaham,
abhūtimasamṛddhiṁ ca sarvāṁ nirṇuda me gṛahāt.
O Lakshmi! I am born in this country with the heritage of wealth. May the friend of the Lord Siva (Kubera) and Kirti (fame) come to me. May these (having taken their abode with me) bestow on me fame and prosperity. I shall destroy the elder sister of Lakshmi, the embodiment of inauspiciousness and such evil as hunger, thirst, and the like. O Lakshmi! Drive out from my abode all misfortune and poverty.
                      

gandhadvārāṁ durādharṣāṁ nityapuṣṭāṁ karīṣiṇīm,
īśvarīṁ sarvabhūtānāṁ tāmihopahvaye śriyam.
manasaḥ kāmamākūtiṁ vācaḥ satyamaśīmahi,
paśūnāṁ rūpamannasya mayi śrīḥ śrayatāṁ yaśaḥ.
I invoke hereby that Lakshmi (Shri), whose (main) avenue of perception is the odoriferous sense (i.e., who abides mainly in cows); who is incapable of defeat or threat from anyone; who is ever healthy (with such virtuous qualities as truth); whose grace is seen abundantly in the refuse of cows (the cows being sacred); and who is supreme over all created beings. O Lakshmi! May we obtain and enjoy the fulfilment of our desires and our volitions, the veracity of our speech, the wealth of cattle, the abundance of varieties of food to eat! May prosperity and fame reside in me (thy devotee)!
kardamena prajā bhūtā mayi sambhava kardama,
śriyaṁ vāsaya me kule mātaraṁ padmamālinīm.
āpaḥ sṛjantu snigdhāni ciklīta vasa me gṛhe,
nica devīṁ mātaragï śriyaṁ vāsaya me kule.
Lakshmi! You have progeny in Kardama. (Hence) O Kardama, may you reside in me. Make Mother Shri with garlands of lotuses, to have Her abode in my (ancestral) line. May the (holy) waters create friendship (they being of an adhesive nature). O Chiklita (Progeny of Shri), reside in my home; and arrange to make Divine Mother Shri to stay in my lineage!
ārdrāṁ puṣkariṇīṁ puṣṭiṁ suvarṇāṁ hemamālinīm,
sūryāṁ hiraṇmayīṁ lakṣmīṁ jātavedo ma āvaha.
ārdrāṁ yaḥ kariṇīṁ yaṣṭiṁ piṅgalāṁ padmamālinīm,
candrāṁ hiraṇmayīṁ lakṣmīṁ jātavedo ma āvaha.
Invoke for me, O Agni, Lakshmi who shines like gold, is brilliant like the sun, who is powerfully fragrant, who wields the rod of suzerainty, who is of the form of supreme rulership, who is radiant with ornaments and is the goddess of wealth. Invoke for me, O Agni, the Goddess Lakshmi who shines like gold, blooms like the moon, who is fresh with anointment (of fragrant scent), who is adorned with the lotuses (lifted up by celestial elephants in the act of worship), who is the presiding deity of nourishment, who is yellow in colour, and who wears garlands of lotuses.
tāṁ ma āvaha jātavedo lakṣmīmanapagāminīm,
yasyāṁ hiraṇyaṁ prabhūtaṁ gāvo dāsyo'śvānvindeyaṁ puruṣānaham.
Invoke for me, O Agni, that Goddess Lakshmi who is ever unfailing, being blessed by whom I shall win wealth in plenty, cattle, servants, horses, and men.
ōm mahādevyai ca vidmahe viṣṇupatnī ca dhīmahi,
tanno lakṣmīḥ pracodayāt.
We commune ourselves with the Great Goddess, and meditate on the Consort of Vishnu. May that Lakshmi direct us (to the Great Goal).
ōṁ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ.
Om. May there be Peace, Peace, Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment